06 November 2006

i belong to me...
i dont belong to you...
my heart is my possession...
i'll be my own reflection...




i really like this mv. esp the angst and despair in jessica simpson's face throughout the emotional rendition. even more so when she whipped out the scissors and began cutting beautiful locks. no its not that i havent seen such hair-cutting stunts before. its how it fits into the song. what gave me the deepest impression was the fact that she wasnt the kind of sweet, smiling, bimbotic looking girl like in the public affair mv. and also how the mv ended off with her staring right into you and finally the image faded after the faint, weak, sad kind of smile that involves only the slightest twitching of the corners of her lips.

right now i can truly understand the meaning behind the song. i can relate to it. i think many other girls can too. but its not enough. i absolutely believe that more should be able to feel truly what the lyrics mean. more should be able to feel what it is trying to bring out behind that pretty face.

dont forget who you are.

dont lose yourself.

i belong to me...

No comments: