23 June 2007

Avocado Feature!



I don't know why, but before last December, I always thought avocados were bad tasting. Maybe it's the colour of the buttery flesh. Or maybe it was the fact that avocados were always on advertisements featuring facial washes. But ever since I got down to try avocados late last year, I've grown to like it. A lot. Salads, crepe rolls, guacamole... and there's milkshake and something I call a yogurt blend because I don't know what else to call it. In the recipe for the pasta salad, I used only half the avocado, and the other half of it went into this. Of course you can use a whole avocado, but when I do, I'll skip the banana, simply because it'll be a little to thick to drink. But of course you can still eat it with a spoon like this yogurt blend. With granola no less.



Avocado and Banana Milkshake

Ingredients
1/2 avocado
1 large, ripe banana
2 tbsp honey
250ml milk

- Peel and cut both the avocado and banana into smaller pieces (it's not totally necessary, but it helps my blender work less).
- Put all ingredients into a blender and whiz away!
- Serve.



Avocado Yogurt Blend

Ingredients
1 avocado
150ml yogurt (I used the peach and mango flavoured yogurt in cups)
2 tbsp honey
100ml milk

- Cut, pit and peel the avocado. Cut the flesh into smaller pieces.
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth.
- Serve in a cup/bowl with granola.

Note: These are really rich and filling, so normally I'll just have them as breakfast, alone. For the yogurt blend, you can add less milk if you like it thicker but this works just right for me.

1 comment:

Helene said...

Finally! The avocado milkshake recipe I have been waiting for! Sounds fantastic!